Before You Need Us
When you follow the national child abuse scandals, look no further than your backyard and you will realize that this is also a local crisis. Children’s Safe Harbor marked it’s 22nd anniversary of serving sexual abused and traumatized children August 31, 2020. In 2017, Children’s Safe Harbor ranked 7th out of 71 children’s advocacy centers in Texas for the numbers of children and families offered services of healing and justice.
National statistics suggest that it is highly likely that you know a child that is being, or has been, abused.
- 1 in 5 children are sexual solicited while on the internet.
- More than 80% of child sexual abuse cases occur in one to one adult/child situations.
- Approximately 20% of child victims of sexual abuse in the U.S. are under the age of 8.
- Most child victims never report abuse.
In our service area of Montgomery, San Jacinto, and Walker counties we are seeing an increase in child maltreatment cases. Your sponsorship dollars will help to change a life as we work each day to meet the needs of these vulnerable children who have been violated and betrayed. Children’s Safe Harbor is the only organization in our communities that provides this unique service delivery structure by coordinating professionals to provide effective, efficient and child-centered investigations and referrals for treatment services.
Please join and share our mission for healing and justice for children in our communities. Become of a Warrior of The Light as you help to change a life, one child at a time.
Children’s Safe Harbor
Children’s Safe Harbor is a non-profit organization with a 501 (c) (3) tax exempt status serving children ages 2 to 17 years in Montgomery, San Jacinto, and Walker Counties. As a non-profit, Children’s Safe Harbor has ongoing needs and greatly appreciates the support of all individuals and organizations. These items and gift cards are given to clients of CSH, who as you know are very often the victims of sexual violence. Your generosity helps bring healing and justice to the children we serve. Thank you!
Gift cards are the most practical and efficient way we can offer help and support to the families. This is not only empowering but it also communicates the dignity and worth of the person by allowing them to choose the items of which the family is in need. For this same reason, we only accept donations of new non-gift card items. Any amount can be given on a gift card.
- Gas cards
- Fast food
- Clothing/shoe stores
- Family activity places
- Art supplies
- Baby dolls & accessories
- Board games
- Card games
- Kinetic Sand (for therapy)
- Action figures
- Hot Wheels
- Coloring books
- Craft kits
- Activity kits
- Skateboards / Scooters
- DVDs (G & PG)
- Radios/Alarm clocks
- Hair accessories (blow dryer, flat iron, etc.)
- Blank canvas bags or gift bags
- Fuzzy socks
- Stress balls
- Fidget spinners
- Play dough
- Coloring books for teens and adults (mandala coloring books)
- Activity books (crosswords, Sudoku, deck of cards, etc.) Journals and pens
- Coloring pencils/markers
- Lavender lotion
- Baby hygiene products (shampoo, lotion, baby powder, etc.)
- Small baby toys
- Socks, underwear, and basic clothing for children and teens
- Snacks/drinks (ex: single serving packages of goldfish, animal crackers, cookies, granola/fruit bars, chips, etc. / single serving juice boxes that do not need to be refrigerated – capri suns, kool aid, apple juice box, etc.
If you would like, you can order from Amazon and ship the item directly to Children’s Safe Harbor.
If you order from Amazon, click on the button below as it gives back to our center.